Can I go into a Ferrari or Lamborghini dealership and test drive on on their cars?

If I say I'm interested in a Ferrari or Lamborghini and ask the dealership people for a test drive would they let me?.

I'm sure you would need to prove that you can afford to buy one, or atleast repair it in case you crash it. Supercars are for a certain niche of the population. 

• garry

yes , as long as you have the money to buy it , after all you test drive it and crash or cause any damage , then you better have the money for it , after all test driving doesnt  include the car insurance for damage or theft . ohh yes and dont forget the salesman will be your passenger after all who in there right mind would trust anyone to drive on there own .

I am doubting they would allow you to smell the new air in one of these cars.  That is reserved for people with MONEY.  You are on a free site(costing you nothing) and you are asking here?  Obviously a used BEATER is pricey for you.[even if it is a Trabant]

• Jay P

One way to know for sure...walk into one and ask.

• Fred

I doubt they give test drives to those who cannot prove they can afford one.  Likely they would discuss finance before they would even consider letting you test drive one

likely the salesman would sit next to you during any test drive or people would steal them during their test drive.

I doubt they'd let you sit in one unless you could prove you could afford one and are seriously intending on buying one.

• F

My son wanted to see them at a showroom in London but even getting into the show room is by appointment only.

If they let any one have a test drive, they would have boy racers queued round the block to have a go.

no you can't and it would be really stupid to even try because they'd know that you can't afford them first of all, second of all if you damage them on the test drive you're going to be broke for the rest of your life

• Barry

They will look at what vehicle you have arrived in. After a few questions they will decide if you are a 'tyre kicker' or not. 

They might be a little curious about how serious you are and if you could possibly buy it first.   They let me sit in one on the showroom floor, but they checked that I had nothing sharp in my pockets first.