Can anyone tell me why the United States is worth saving?

The government, and all of its institutions are being played by an authoritian who has dismantled the rules of justice, checks and balances, safety of Americans, and compromising with our enemies.  The Senate is useless in supporting American values and no longer is concerned.  The Attorney General manipulates justice to favor a disillusioned, generally radical "president".  People are not smart enough to protect them selves from the virus.  The "president" openly divides states by political preference.  In short, we are going to hell as a nation and no one seems to care.

43 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You are describing the whole world. The U.S. Constitution is what sets us apart from the rest of the world and there are people in this country who want to destroy the foundation that made this country exceptional above all others. Your choices are to fight like our founders to restore this country (which has been done multiple times throughout our history) or become like the rest of the world. When your the best country in the world, everyone wants to knock you off that pedestal, both externally and internally. We have to fight against both.

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's very obvious to anyone who has a lick of sense that it almost isn't, because God's wrath is visited upon the United States. This is mostly due to offending God without noticing, when He had made Americans the richest and fattest and happiest humans in the history of the planet, and they were so comfortable themselves that they'd forgotten hunger and, with tonnes of plenty going to waste every day, they starved one helpless innocent woman to death, Terry Schiavo, while her mother who had given birth to her pleaded to take her baby home and just be allowed to feed her. Terry Schiavo's husband said no, she was to be starved to death, and the United States Supreme Court upheld the husband's right to starve his wife to death. By semantics they said that being starved to death was not killing only "withholding food" and upholding his right of ownership was not murder just letting the husband take the "decision" and depriving a mother who had given birth to a baby and loved and fed her of the right to feed her child and keep her alive was "legal" or ,"lawful" and, by Semantic twists, They committed State Murder. This, offended God in several ways. Starving to death not cruel, you say, like fools who say torture does not hurt because it releases endorfins or burning to death is not painful because you just go into shock. Alright, says the Lord, then you try it. I made you the happiest place on Earth, richer than ever was Tyre or Babylon and you lived off the fat of the land like no humans since Eden. You collectively watched Terry Schiavo being starved to death and clothed the Murder in fancy words. Semánticas. There you go. Now you shirk every task the Lord sets you saying, "We are not the policemen of the world" and, "it's not our job to police the world". And the Lord is like, "The hell it ain't". If it's not your job to police the world then I made you powerful and rich so you could wallow like pigs in pleasure. Assad's torturing and murdering around the clock and Brazil and Sumatra are burning down the rainforests, the lungs of the planet. Death Squads rule Guatamala and the Lord waits in vain for the United States, surely the BIGGER DOG, to stand up to Guatamala;but no, you won't even do that. Will the blowhard bully in the White House send ships to rescue the Guatamalans being murdered, no balls. Little Guatemalan girl walks across Mexico, Jesus beside her walking the whole way, and falls down dead at your Border. Jesús says I love the Little Children, as you do to the least so also you do unto me, welcome the stranger in your land. You say no, defying your own refugee laws and international laws to which you ascribed. You cage children at the Border, not even finding Christian homes to comfort them. Cheap muhs. You rip the three week old nursing infant from its mother's breast. Again with semantics you clothe the filth of your sin in ridiculous words, "The poor illiterate peasant had no documents, papers or writings to prove it was her baby", when the word was plainly written in the flesh by God. Still you do not fear. You're proud and smug and your necks are stiff. God will bring you to heel yet. If you are not the policeman of the world then you do not work for God. The Lord did not make you tiny Monaco. He does not expect tiny Monaco to fight His battles. He expects you to. STOP playing with words because you are only fooling yourselves, not Him.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

History will show how corrupt he was. Racist americans will be very unhappy when Biden wins.  I will be bet 100k  that Trimp will be found guilty of somethint in New york . Any takers please message me.

• 1 month ago

You watch too much MSNBC. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You couldn't make an argument using any more than this empty rhetoric to save your life! While Trump has big mouth. His actual actions speak louder. What Trump has done in the last 3 years is turn the economy around, turning it into the strongest economy the country has seen in the last 15 years if not longer (prior to COVID-19), including the lowest Black and Hispanic unemployment on record (again pre-COVID).

His policies allowed the US to become energy independent. This has been due to opening up more area for oil drilling, fracking and some coal production. Resulting in low energy and gas prices. Drawing more companies back to the US because of that.

As the economy reopens, he will apply many of those same economic principles to get the economy humming again (hint: Supply-Side economics. Something that was lost on Obama for all his 6 years of "recovery" from 2010 to 2016) as necessary.

He has taken on tough problems other presidents kicked the can down the road on for decades. This includes illegal immigration. It includes trade issues with China on issues like American intellectual property, trade imbalances and too much dependency on them in areas like manufacturing, this now on full display due to COVID-19.

He pushed through a major new US, Canadian, Mexican trade partnership (USMCA), eliminating a number of problems with the old one (NAFTA). He has taken a very visible stance with the pro-life movement as well being steadfastly behind 1st Amendment religious freedoms.

He has continued the fight on terrorism. He has not been afraid to take the fight to the sources of terrorism either, like Iran. He's been key in brokering a historic peace deal between Israel and the UAE. All without needing to drag Palestinian issues into it.

Even though the economy, the stock market and American lives in general have taken a serious hit from the coronavirus. The economy is still fundamentally strong thanks to Trump's work over the past 3 years. The market is starting to come back. Although some stocks will be legitimately adversely effected for the near future due to supply chain and travel issues. Even then the travel industry showed greater improvement that expected recently. This fundamental strength is what will help it recover. States are also slowly starting to let business reopen. This, is unlike the crash of 2008, where the economy had systemic problems that needed massive fixing before it could recover.

As for COVID-19, Trump implemented restrictions on travel from China in January. Liberals literally called him "racist" for doing so. They were the ones who still hadn't got a grasp of the danger presented by the Chinese coronavirus yet, not Trump. More travel restrictions from other regions as well as other actions were implemented soon after. Trump has been ahead of the game from the beginning. There has been a bigger effort toward making a vaccine than anytime in American history, with government support. One may actually be ready this year, faster than expected with manufacturing ready to go into high gear to put it out there when it's ready.

He has been an outspoken critic of the violent protests from the beginning (unlike from the Left), even pushing the limits of what he's allowed to do about them himself.

• 1 month ago

IF AND WHEN THE DEMOCRATS TAKE BACK CONTROL OF THE COUNTRY YOU WISH WILL LIKELY BE GRANTED BUT I DON'T THINK YOU WILL LIKE WHAT THE DEMOCRATS REPLACE IT WITH

• Buzz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The world needs the US. It needs jokers like Trump out of the way and a real leader in charge. 

• 1 month ago

Try reading the book enjoy the decline by author named Aaron clarey it'll be very therapeutic

• 1 month ago

I have long thought that liberals such as yourself are perpetually depressed dissatisfied people who regard the present situation as dismal and deplorable, and so desperately in need of "change". This sums it up very well, doesn't it? 

I am extremely glad that I do not share your depressed dismal outlook, and I do believe you are mistaken. But there will be no convincing you of that. You will continue to wallow in your depressed sadness, I am sure. 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'll say it again for you, Skippy, if YOU don't like the way WE run OUR country, LEAVE .................we won't miss you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.