Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 month ago

Buying a used ford fiesta worth it since i heard they have transmission problems?

I have seen some under $8k i like. But i did my research and heard they have transmission problems. Do you think i sould avoid it because of that?

It all depends on you and how you take care of your car. Every vehicle has its flaws and many will talk about a certain problem with it and I think its just coincidence that a few people have had the same problem. I think its a good car. I have a bantam which is similar to the fiesta and have never had problems.

• Barry

Utter rubbish. There are millions on the road in the UK. 

The transmission is not fixable, the model in the Fiesta and Focus SUCKS> avoid it at all costs. They are not alleged issues, they are most certainly real. Hated driving my Focus. Love my new Subaru.

• Anton

The alleged transmission problems is the dual-clutch automatics in the 2011-2016 year models.  The majority of such vehicles that had some problems have had them fixed.

If you want a Fiesta, get one -- they are reliable.

• F

Decent cars now. I had a Mk1 in 1982 which didn’t like damp starts , but it was the last car I had with old fashioned ignition.

In that price range your best bet is to stick with Toyota and Honda, even though they usually cost a little more than other cars made the same year. . 

do you believe everything you hear ?   did your research even include a spelling search?   ...here in uk they are no 1 seller ..no probs here 

• Katy M

I've had one for the last 9  years.  Haven't had any problems with the transmssion.