Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

If you have carpets or area rugs, how often do you vacuum them?

Do you smoke in your home or have pets? One of my friends has mostly carpet in her apartment. She has a cat and a boyfriend who moved in with her last November. She has a stick vacuum and just "touches up" every 3-4 weeks. I think her place is very dirty. She is going to do a major house cleaning for the first time in at least 2 years. She wants to borrow my real vacuum. It is still a low budget vac, a Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo, about $75 at Walmart, but it works well for me for over a year now. I am afraid all the filth might break it. She really needs to get her own. So what vacuum do you use? My mother has a Miele, but that thing is about $600! I just can't do that. I vacuum twice a week.

Favorite Answer

yes they continuously collect dirt but i usually have the shoes taken off so I can have the carpet clean longer

When they are dirty

once a week..........................

When we had the majority of the house carpet, I vacuumed every week. I have a dog and two cats, and that hair piles up! With hardwood, I sweep 2-3 times per week and still do the rugs and stairs once a week, since those are carpeted. With pets and multiple people in home, I don't understand people that don't clean that up. I can see if you're hardly home and live by yourself, sure, but that??? EW. 

• Murzy

The cleaning people come every 2 weeks. In between, we have an iRobot.