Can I be registered to vote in 2 places if I'm a military family member?

My husband and I moved to Texas a year ago because he was stationed here through the Army. I wanted to still vote in my home state for the general election so I applied to be a uniformed or overseas citizen (UOCAVA) voter, which applies to military spouses as well. However, it was taking months and it still said my registration wasn’t received and was made to reapply multiple times. Eventually I gave up and just registered to vote here in Texas. However I just (7 months later) received an email that my registration has been processed and I’m an active voter in my home state. Even though I literally just registered to vote in Texas can I still vote for my home state as long as I don’t vote here in Texas?

I keep getting reminded that it is a felony to vote twice; I am well aware of this and nowhere in my question does it state that I am voting twice. I am voting ONCE and would like to do so in my home state. I accidentally registered in both TX AND as an absentee military voter for WA. My question is do I legally have to vote in TX now, or am I okay to cast my ONE absentee vote for WA.  

Favorite Answer

If it was done correctly when you registered in Texas it should have unregistered you to vote in Washington. But with delays and everything it can have happened easily and is way more common than people think.  You should be able to deregister in Texas and keep Washington as your home State. They will be sending out the ballots shortly I am sure.  If you need to contact base legal 

• Daniel

You need to square this away with both states.

When you registered to vote in TX, it effectively voided your WA voter registration.  You made yourself a TX resident.  You need to figure out how to undo that.  

You should talk to someone at the base legal office.  

Voting twice is a FELONY.   Roll those dice if you feel lucky. 

When Trump urged his supporters to vote twice......he was urging them to commit a federal crime---------

he should have been impeached on the spot for that alone. 

You can only vote one place.  Doing it in two would be voter fraud.

Just make sure you never vote in Texas if you are registered at home.

You can register where your primary residence is.

• CURLY

You can only vote once for the President.