Can you make espresso-like shots with a keurig?

I know it isn't possible to make actual espresso shots with a Keurig since it is a brewing style that requires pressure. But is it possible to make shots of strong coffee in a Keurig that would resemble an espresso shot in a latte or mocha? Have you ever tried one of the "espresso" style K-Cups? I love drinking lattes from coffee shops, but I'm trying to save money and don't want to have to buy an entire espresso machine in order to make something similar at home. 

Yes, in the sense that a Keurig has options for a 4 ounce cup.  If you use a k-cup that brews a normal strength cup with 8-10 ounces of water, that same k-cup would produce a very strong 4-ounce cup of coffee.  No, it would. not be an espresso because no steam was used.  

You might try brewing a 4 or 6 ounce cup and then blending the coffee with a little warm milk in a blender.  This will create a frothy top.  Not quite as foamy as a latte, but similar.  If you aren't too picky, you may come to enjoy this option for a fraction of the cost of a coffee shop brew.

I'm afraid not.  You can make the coffee stronger by using less water, but that's about it.

If you want something cheap, you might try a Moka Pot.  there are several brands and sizes, but they start at around $20.  I have one by Bialetti.  They don't get as much pressure as an espresso machine, but this is about as close as you'll get without one.  There's an explanation of how to use one at https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/blog/brew-guides-m... that should give you an idea of whether it's something that you'd be willing to try.

• hamel5

Not really - you can make a fairly strong cup by selecting one of the 3 drink sizes. 

Alternatively, you could buy a French style espresso pot and go old school.