Have you ever worked in a bakery as a baker?

No......i don't try it

• When I was a teenager I worked in a pie shop, my job title was "Baker." It wasn't as prestigious as some might think it is. On a mass scale we made what was probably slightly better than mediocre pies priced to move. They also had a lunch counter and when we got done making the pies in the morning then we had to take turns helping out working the grill, basically being a short order cook, for the lunch time crowd. For the baker's it was a minimum wage job.

Yes, Bakiez Bakery on ROBLOX.

• Janet

My step-daughter-in-law got her 2-year certificate in Baking, and worked in a bakery. She loved to bake. Until she did it for a living.

She had to work super fast and there was a lot of pressure, so she didn't have the time TO enjoy what she was doing. And she was making huge quantities, lugging heavy bags of flour to dump into the giant mixers, etc.

She quit.  Went back and got a 2-year certificate in Cooking. Could only find work cooking fastfood.

Quit. Went to university and got a 4-year degree in archeaology. Found that "digs" bored her.

Got an entry job with an insurance company (they often hire college grads, since the degree proves the person can think, meet deadlines, and make decisions). Worked her way up, and now assesses high-risk industrial insurance coverages, and makes $80,000 a year.

And still bakes at home for family, friends, and potlucks.

• Sathi

No. My uncle owned a bakery. His workday began every morning @ 2 a.m. 🥱

I have never worked in a bakery as a baker.

No, I've never worked in a bakery.

No, but that is what my grandfather did. All the grandchildren were let in by the backdoor every Friday night, and he'd give us cookies. 

• Goerge

Yes I have and 20 years later I still love to bake. Even though it's hot and fast paced work, the rewards far outweigh any negative. It's a handy skill to have considering the times we're living in. I can make my roommates and I a pizza or 2 or anything else and so we don't have to rely on other people and we avoid possible exposure to SARS-CoV-2.

• ted

No.  I've worked as a cashier in a bakery