Why Is Homophobia still a problem?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Society has always shunned people who aren't "like them." People are so incredibly judgmental. Look at what the most common insult is in the gaming community - "You're gay." As if that makes someone less of a person. As a man, you are expected to be "a man." To be able to change a tire. To open a jar. To work on cars. And if you can't do these things, you're not a "man." When you hang out with your friends, as a man you are expected to do "manly" things. Drink beer, talk about women, watch sports. You get my point. Today's man is under tremendous pressure to "be a man", or to "man up." People shun others that don't conform to "their" standards.

• 4 weeks ago

I find the favorite answer to be "jarist" "tireist" and "beerist". Why do you have such a phobia about men gay or straight who can open jars, change tires and enjoy beer? Who's the real judgmental one? I am so triggered, offended and outraged right now I am going to my safe place to open a few jars.

• HMFan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because some people have nothing better to do than sow chaos and hatred.

• 4 weeks ago

Because people keep whipping it up again when it starts to die down, in order to divide people and create a false enemy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I personally see no problem with it at all.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because people so often fall into the "us vs. them" mentality to make themselves feel superior in order to compensate for their sense of inadequacy.  A lot of it is religiously based, or at least they use their religion to justify treating others with hate and prejudice.

• 1 month ago

People will always have an aversion to the "different." Acceptance of universal rights and abolition of country club privilege is still an uphill and neverending battle.

• 1 month ago

Gaylords are not getting locked up any more in most places and have had every law changed so they can get married, etc so stop bleating unless it's about how gayness is viewed in uncivilised parts of the world.

• rodcom
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because of ignorance and religion.

• 1 month ago

Answer.  There is no logical reasoning for it.

Additional detail. 

Studies done have found that many homophobic people have a secret homosexual or bisexual side to them.

They hide this by publicly attacking homosexuality and so convincing them self that doing so will hide their true nature from others.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.