Girlfriend is mad because I don't post her on Facebook ?

Basically, my girlfriend is mad at me every other day because I won't post her Facebook. I explain to her plenty of times that it's not because I don't want to post her, it's just that I'm not active up there, it's just there. I don't even post myself. I can see if I was constantly active, posting casually but I'm not. I posted her on my snapchat a couple of times but she swears she doesn't remember. For whatever reason Facebook is what she really cares about for whatever reason.

This isn't a case of me cheating or hiding anything. It's just because I literally don't even be on the app like that. I really only still have it to keep up with the family. She post me all the time, it's not like I'm telling her to take it down or anything. I even put heart emojis and everything on her pics. I think she's getting influenced by other people she sees on Facebook. Its like everyday she post a quote or something in regards to someone hiding her or being a secret, and not posting their partner etc. Like why do you need social media's approval that bad? I refuse to give in to something that meaningless and small. Not one other relationship I've been in have they complained or even mention to me that not posting them was a problem. I think it's getting old and childish. And since I don't post her, in her mind I gotta be up to something or talking to someone on Facebook. Its so childish in my pov.

• Foofa

Explain to her that it's the privacy of a relationship that makes it special. Once you're all over social media with it it kind of stops being something deep and between just the two of you. 

It is somewhat childish but at the same time it is clearly important to her. Relationships are about compromise. Maybe you could post something about her once a month. She gets a moment to feel special and its still low effort on your end. Maybe sit down and have a serious conversation about it with her and ask why she needs that validation so much. Explain how you feel it isn't necessary and why you feel that way. I'm sure you can reach some sort of middle ground.  

Your girlfriend needs to start living in reality. 

Do yourself a huge favor, and dump this immature girl.

• Audrey

If it would make her happy, why can't you just do it?

She's like treating you just for display. No offense.