Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

Why do I need to read books?

I'm not in school anymore, and, besides- the internet has all the information I'm looking for- usually summarized in a sentence or two.

Some people just enjoy getting into the cool stories of books, most of them are pretty great.  It's why they get made into movies for the people that don't read wont miss out.

Other than that its just a personal thing.

a guide to great sex,that,s why

only for knowledge

• garry

you dont , just reading a book can be relaxing , and so can making love be relaxful , dont matter in the end , do as you please .

Book reading make your mind sharp and communication skills also improve. Whether your are in school or not you can continue reading books.

https://mediacomplex.de/druck-werbetechnik/

My son is a severe dyslexic: so reading isnt the most enjoyable thing.

Books contain a lot more than mere information. They also contain interesting stories, glimpses into other lives, other histories and other points of view. If you don't think that's of any value, good luck finding your way around the world. 

I would say that you need to read, not necessarily books. The reason is because more information is put out in text than orally and we often use information to inform our actions and behaviors in life. Some people really like books, both for knowledge and entertainment. Before the internet, I used to read a lot of books just for knowledge, rarely for entertainment even thought technically gaining knowledge of different topics was entertaining for me. I now actually prefer gaining knowledge through youtube videos because it adds a visual aid to make things much clearer. When I can't get the information from youtube, I turn to just googling it and finding articles on the matter. Sometimes that is not even enough and I have to turn to other search engines and occasionally do it the old fashion way and figure out the answer on my own. Reading not only adds to your communications skills by adding vocabulary and context of how to lay out a thought, but it can expand your thinking abilities to come up with your own thoughts because other thoughts can spark inspiration. While books are still nice, they are no longer the only way to gain knowledge or entertain ourselves.

If you read the questions on here, that should answer your question for you. In fact, look, it just did.

because obviously your illierate and can't comprehend those "two lines" anyway if you think what you read on the "internet" is accurate "knowledge".

you blantently do state one thing though. 

Why does our government waste so much of our time and money trying to educate these morons?

why not just chain them to a simple job like opening a door for a sub par salary like food clothing and using the bathroom and leave it at that?

on a subnote: the replies to this question are in general very positive and, obviously,  with a whip applied the questioner can learn too. maybe the questioner would put up his schools address so we may mail whips there so they may gently applied to improve learning?