Is Brazil expensive?

My friend is Brazilian. 

Why not ask your friend then ?

well, when I was there in '87.....the Cruzeiro  was in freefall. .....and stuff was dirt cheap.   Rio is really a very limited area,  primarily for the tourists.......but all around it, is just slums and staggering poverty.......so a few bucks went a long way. 

I was leaving on a Saturday, and on Friday, the Cruzeriro totally crashed, and was declared worthless. 

You needed a wad of old, worn crumpled banknotes just to buy a 50 cent Coke......it was absurd.   I ended up going home with a whole bag of them............totally worthless........not worth the paper they were printed on. 

I used them as coasters at parties for years.......just for laughs. 

I think it's cheap there. Their best selling goods are illegal drugs. Some man at a strip club told me he went to clubs there and liked those women as much as he liked me. He also gave me free weed that I never used and offered free cocaine. 

Getting a Brazilian isn’t too expensive.