Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 month ago

What does anal mean?

No! I am not talking about that anal! I'm talking about the other meaning which I don't understand. I recently realized that the term "anal" is being used in another way which I can't understand. The first thing that comes to mind is... well enough of that.

The term comes from Freudian psychology, and is short for "anal-retentive." Look up the full term to find out what it means in detail.

The only people who would "consider it vulgar" are those who have no fcuking clue where it came from.

It was something that was popular in the second half of the 20th century used to define a person that was fussy or compulsive in their behavior. It isn't used in that context very often anymore and is considered to be vulgar by some people. 

• CB

It means being OCD about something - "why are you so anal about keeping your car clean why don't you take some time off to have fun?"