Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Should my family relocate to Canada from California?

My husband is orginally Canadian and he has been approved to work remotely. We are thinking of leaving California and live in Canada where he is originally from. We have spent winters there and it was fine for us. The reason we want to move is a more affordable place, safer environment, less forest fires, and peaceful politics. Would you stay in California or move to Canada? We would be moving to Montreal

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you can move to Canada - absolutely go to it. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No. There are very affordable places in CA, like gold country, Merced, Stockton.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know what your politics are, but personally, I think you'd be doing nothing but trading frying pans. What is your definition of 'peaceful politics'? 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He will have to apply and sponsor you for a spousal visa, if/when you get that, then you can move to Canada

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The weather is a non-starter for me.  Also real estate in Montreal is almost higher than in Los Angeles but the money paid for similar work is lower in Canada and their taxes are excessive.  Also their health care if good unless you actually get a very serious illness.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Montreal is a good place culturally.  If your husband will be happier in his native country, and you also seem to want to go there, then it is a good, logical decision.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You know what they say about BC? British California, no guns.

• 1 month ago

They speak French on Montreal. I hope you realise that. Also it is very cold in winter.

And the border is closed. 

I would rather live in California for the climate and the ocean. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

thats up to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.