At what age must you start using SPF?

Should a 14 year old use it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In infancy.

Babies and small children should have it applied by their parents when they are going to experience sun exposure.  Older children can apply it themselves.

Of course a 14-year-old should be using it. It's the best possible way to prevent eventual wrinkles and protect yourself from potential skin cancers. You can't start too early.

I have a close friend who's a dermatologist. He taught his children to start applying sunscreen themselves when they were in kindergarten.

• 4 weeks ago

you don't need it. its for Babies and Cowards.

• 1 month ago

They have SPF for babies!!!!! The younger you use it the better you will look when older.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Never too young to start. You will be so glad you did when you're older. And make sure you put in on the backs of your hands. Hands that are sun damaged can make a person appear much older. It's a good idea to have a trial-size tube in your purse or backpack in case you forgot to put it on while you were getting ready. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A baby should have on sun screen if they are outside playing. Even riding in a car you get sun damage. And all of that start to show up on your skin when you are older.

The sun doesn’t need to be shining for it to cause damage to your skin, so don’t think you only use it when you are out int the sun

Right now it should be apart of your daily habit. Male or female. Many skin care face lotions come with SPF sunscreen in them.

• 1 month ago

i think any age would be fine as long as it is when they are in the sun a lot.

• 1 month ago

i have been using SPf internally for 43 years , use high dose, still get burned when i eat sun screen. My son-in -law Garett says use on skin........... i dont trust what doctors say to do............. age 14 is fine .. #StaySafe #GodBless

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.