Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Should I worry about losing weight?

I am a 5’2” woman and I weigh around 120 pounds. People would consider me “thin” but what they do not know is that I suck in my tummy. If I didn’t do this, my tummy is actually big. It’s partially what a “beer belly” would look like only a bit smaller. I am going to cut out all processed sugars from my diet. Would that be any help? I will also drink only water and drink enough water a day. I also have big thighs. Not huge ones but not sticks either. How can I lose the weight? And if I do this how long do you figure it would take to lose the bigger tummy? Thank you.

yeah I get you!! I’m 5’ 3” and back when I weighed 115 I was pretty average and people thought I was slim but like I wasn’t skinny you know

I wanted my stomach to get fully flat and my waist to be more cinched as well as generally to look more lean and thinner

What personally worked for me is eating as little as possible and suppressing my appetite so that over time I stopped looking so bloated and my stomach actually looked smaller

Anyways I strictly dieted till I got to around 100lbs which is what I now maintain and even though it’s a bit underweight I personally think it looks good on my small frame

You have a good weight so you don’t need to lose anything but I understand if you’d want to and it’s completely a personal choice what you’d like to do

You should do it if you want to despite others opinions . 

I think you are seeing something that others would not see.  In other words, you have a distorted image of your body.  Your height and weight sound great.  I don't think you have a problem.

Weight loss is based on eating fewer calories than your body uses each day.  If you create a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day, day after day, you will lose about a pound of fat per week.  

You cannot dictate where your body will lose fat, but you can feel pretty confident that if you lose 10 pounds of fat, both your legs and stomach areas will be smaller and have less fat on them.

Removing sugar from your diet is a great way to not only decrease calorie consumption but also decrease overall inflammation and water retention.  That noted, if you aren't in a calorie deficit, you aren't going to lose fat.

Because you are already petite, creating a calorie deficit while getting proper nutrition is a challenge.  I'd suggest you focus your on vegetables that are high in nutrients and low in calories as well as protein.  Cut calories from processed grains like bread, cereal, rice, and pasta.  

Get both some cardio exercise as well as doing some ab/core and or full-body strength training will not only help you burn more calories, but will also help develop the muscle that will give you the look you want.