Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 month ago

Why are dainty engagement rings so expensive now days?

I get that they're what's new and it offers an alternative fashion to the traditional engagement rings, but why are jewelry companies charging an arm and a leg for what used to be known as simple 'diamond accent' rings? I probably have at least 3 in my jewelry collection. However, I wouldn't necessarily consider it an engagement ring.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

I've seen some that are under $1,000. But if you think about it, working with smaller pieces probably takes more time and skill than working on something with more metal to it. 

• Trish

Everything is expensive these days.  And salaries aren't getting much higher.  You have to work together nowadays.

• drip

Any ring can be an engagement ring. 

When something become trendy the price goes up.

And when quality metal and gem stones are used the price goes up. 

And you can always find a lesser quality m cheaper version.

Go to walmart  they sell nice rings

not true. you can get cheap anything if you look

They're expensive because people continue to pay what is being asked by the jewelry companies. If people became more discerning and aware of the huge mark-ups, they would purchase fewer of them and the price would drop substantially.