... asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Are you for or against mandatory military service and why?

I am of service age, and I am against just because I would potentially share room with people inferior to me, from social class to race. Period. Gobble up if you don't like what I said. 

I served back when it was mandatory and feel that it helped greatly in teaching responsibilities to youth. Today, without the draft, it is lacking. 

• L

For.  Why.........it teaches young people discipline and responsibility that they are not getting at home or in school.  The mandatory length should be 4-years.

For too many children under 25 have No Manners or discipline

Example Me and a Friend having a coffee together

his piece of plastic rings he gets up and walks away so i Just take my coffee and leave also

later he abuses me because i Left

sorry Fool you left yes but i was answering my Phone

you must love the manners  How hard would it be to switch it off

or say sorry i am too important to ignore this

at Boot camp 12 weeks No Mobile phones you are not that Important

great question. 

The US constitution is set-up so that all able-bodied adult citizens are considered a part of the militia.  Picture the old "posse" of westerns. 

The Congress can call up the militia at any time for the enforcement of laws, suppression of insurrections, or the defense against foreign invasion. 

The US was never meant to keep a standing army, as that was a temptation to wannabe dictators. 

Hence all US military budgets are only for a two year year period (without continued Congressional legislation the money will stop).  And the second amendment to ensure with or without government action, once called up by Congress the militia will be armed. 

Conscription was not introduced until the US Civil War & Lincoln established our first "draft" of soldiers.  That lasted thru Vietnam and then we shifted to an "All Volunteer" (one could argue: mercenary) Army. 

So the long answer to your question is that under the US constitution all adult American citizens are already facing the potential for mandatory military service, and the only remedy would be to emigrate to another country that does not have this requirement.  .

Thank you for admitting that your a douche-bag. I was in military service in your Politically Correct era. If you don't like that, you'll at least get what's you wish or be a meat puppet? Your already a sheep.

If you don't like my harsh "keeping it real" post, you can troll elsewhere.

I do concur that mandatory service isn't the way to gather good troops. Not everyone has that mentality to do what one's got to do. I saw somebody run on my very first day of Basic. If you know what branch I be, I'm not telling, but we did develop the A-10.

You say inferior. Your **** smells of flowers apparent? You do know what's sad. A turkey is smarter then you. They understand how to survive. You, I can tell and what if I actually cared to do a true psychological profile on you?

Lucky that military service is all volunteer. Grants people that want to sign up to those like you. If your like Mr. Bone Spurs, you can buy your way out of service. Especially at times when such is difficult. Such does revoke your man-card. That's the truth.

Source(s): Somebody that truly knows their stuff!

Selective service is to force lazy INFERIOR white trash like yourself to defend the country YOU are a citizen of.  Are you one of those morons who think everything should be handed to them ?  The type to weasel his way out by paying for bone spurs.

The us has never had mandatory military service, not even during ww l or ww ll

the US just doesn't have the bases to house or train so many people

I am very much against mandatory military service. Most of the military conflicts we have had since World War 2 were to benefit a bunch of rich political elites and were in no way beneficial for our country as a whole. Let them send their own kids to die. 

• hamel5

I don't favor mandatory service because the services need more highly qualified candidates now.   

Don't think that you'd have to worry about too many being "inferior" to you.   

• Dze

i dont think it needs to go that far .. making kids go through  8 weeks of bootcamp before they graduate highschool would probably make better people out of them though lol ...