Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Want to sell my car but I lost the title?

My friends wants to buy my very old car but I lost the title. The only thing I have is an expired registration card. Can I use that to help with obtaining the title?

Favorite Answer

You go to the DMV with your old registration and you apply for a lost title. When the duplicate title comes in the mail, you go back to the DMV with your friend, and you transfer the title to your friend. That's the only way to do it. Until it's done that way that car needs to sit still and not be used by your friend.

It is a start, but chances are you need MORE. Ask DMV in your hick-town about it (yes, you need to wear a mask as they will demand it of you before you can see them.  Do the Michael Jackson thing (mask, gloves, hat) and dark sunglasses is a cheap disguise.

Those government people are working as they can't afford to miss a paycheck.

They will tell you the other steps you NEED to satisfy them. This you GOT TO DO OR YOU KEEP THE OLD CAR.

• May

That should work but to know for sure you need to ask your DMV, not strangers on the internet

Depend on the state. In my state, cars 75 and older do not need titles and they do not issue them.

Otherwise, you apply for a lost title which is easy unless there was a lienholder on that title.

Just get the title replaced, dumbass.  Go to the DMV (or whatever the DMV is called where you live), fill out a lost / stolen document form, pay a fee and problem solved.

Just take your paper work the you local DMV and apply for a lost title. You need that before selling the vehicle.

• Scott

You don't have much choice, do you?

You write DMV and request a duplicate title.  Period.

just get a duplicate u dummy