What ever happened to "The Amazing Randi"?

The last time I read anything about him was that identify fraud story in the LA Times.

Update:

Search "Amazing Randi identify fraud LA Times" 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Now that he is ninety two years of age he is probably enjoying himself at home whinging about his arthritis and the youth of today. 

• 4 weeks ago

He celebrated his 92nd birthday last month.

• 4 weeks ago

He got old, came out of the closet and retired.  That identity fraud thing wasn't him.  Retirement doesn't usually happen to stage performers, usually they just work until they die, but I guess he wanted some time to himself before falling off the perch.

• Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He's still around fighting the good fight. He'll turn up in The Skeptical Inquirer from time to time. What identity fraud? I've heard of the Uri Gellar case but not the ID fraud.  

Edit. Oh yeah, that was that Alvarez case turned out to be nothing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Last I heard he had died again but later, I saw him being interviewed on tv, bloody papers.

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I speculate that when he saw Trump had been elected he finally realised the futility of trying to educate the US public about charlatans and critical thinking. Also, he is in his 90's now, so he probably just had enough.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Last I saw him was in a documentary about his home life with his boyfriend. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.