Are paranormal overnight investigations at Pennhurst Asylum only open to certified paranormal investigators or can anyone interested attend?

I am interested in seeing for myself if ghosts are real. My question is, can anyone attend even if I don't have the sophisticated ghost hunting equipment.

?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If anyone is handing out "certifications" in the paranormal, that's fraud.  There's no "ghost hunting" equipment.  An EMF meter measures ElectroMagnetic Frequencies, not ghosts. 

• Who
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No such thing as a "certified paranormal investigator" - cos who is certified to certify them?

They have no more right to be there than you - go along as an "observer" if you like but there maybe a fee

https://pennhurstasylum.com/tickets/

• 1 month ago

Well, since there are no certified paranormal investigators, anyone with permission can attend.  You've been watching too many TV shows.

That's right, there is no such thing as certification for paranormal investigators.  There is no government authority or recognized academic body that regulates paranormal research in any way.  Anyone who claims to be certified means they certified themselves.

Most real paranormal researchers don't have sophisticated equipment either, because the equipment isn't really sophisticated.  It's just there to look cool on camera, like all that stuff on top of Ecto-1 in Ghostbusters.  Those clowns on TV are not real researchers, they're characters in a for-profit TV series.  Their cameras, even when they film in Green-O-Vision, are just normal everyday cameras.  Their ghost-box recorders are just normal audio recorders with the gain (microphone sensitivity) cranked way up.  

Real paranormal researchers are usually real scientists (in real scientific disciplines) who are hoping to find answers as to what a reportedly paranormal even actually is.  If they encounter something they can't immediately explain using known science, they try to isolate it and figure it out.  Many of them are open to the idea of truly paranormal phenomena, but they have to exhaust all the scientific avenues before they'll even consider the supernatural.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Phenomena we CALL "Ghosts" is quite real, only it is unexplained.   No evidence that they are actual "Spirits of the dead"----Indeed WHAT WOULD be evidence  even if the phenomena were observed and detected?   How do we know it isn't some currently unknown electric or PHYSICS activity?.

What we call "Ghost Hunting" equipment is usually industrial grade sensors for air ionization, electromagnetic/electric Fields, infra red and UV light, etc.----the idea is to gather clues as to what this unknown phenomena actually is or what environmental changes might be associated with it.----  It does not claim to directly detect "Ghosts" if they exist or not.    We are only looking for WHATEVER it is we are CALLING "Ghosts".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure put a ghost hunting app on your phone. That is as sophisticated as any other ghost hunting equipment.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I say investigate to your heart's content. If you're good with Microsoft Word you can whip up a quick certificate, and I'm sure someone has some free junk that could pass for sophisticated ghost hunting equipment (even though human eyes, ears and brains are great equipment).

Have fun. Just don't be a sucker and spend a lot of money. 🐸

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have to pay a fee to do so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.