Honest que: what kind of person does this make me?

As smart as I am in mathematics, music,

physics and medicine - I'm just not a

middle-class kind of person. I'd much

rather keep a fun-job like coffee-bean;

that brings a smile and meaning to people's lives.

Is that called being a simpleton? I asked

my family, they said mathematics-tutoring,

medical-assistants, musician are not good

ways of making money. Your thoughts?!? 

Favorite Answer

you sound pretty smart to me

Nah u do u bro, happy life, money aint that important as long as you have shelter and food you are good. Have fun with your life don't listen to your parents. A lot of time people are stressed because of an overload of work to be successful they don't have time to do the things they love. A person who works their whole life will regret it when they die as before you die your biggest regret is not working more, but not spending enough time doing what you loved.  

I disagree. If you are as smart as you claim you are in music then you should be able to make a lot of money in the music industry.

You can forget about the rest. Because I think your family is right about the rest.

middle class huh. I think you should further look into what type homes, and how much money successful people who work in the music industry have.

Whatever dude. I just think you are deluded, and you are ignorant of the music industry.

The more knowledge, and talent someone has of the music industry then a person could become a multi millionaire, or maybe earn a lot more money, and clearly you don't know anything about this. I have a list of singers in my head that I heard of who are living in huge homes, but you probably are clueless about this.

Yes, I think you are a simpleton, and you should learn how to accept being like this.

Does your family expect you to be fabulously successful and tag along on your coattails? That kind of pressure can be enormous and lead to severe depression.

Follow your heart. If someone you love is unhappy, please know it is not your responsibility nor your fault.

There is nobility in teaching, and rewards that can be neither measured monetarily nor shared with those whose hearts are blinded by glitter.

It makes you a Happy  person.   If you love what you do life is always good even when its not. 

It's interesting you're good at music, physics and math.  The ancient Greeks taught music as a branch of mathematics!  (Ever read Godel-Escher-Bach?)

You are responsible for you.  If your family and friends support you, that's great  But if they don't, you have to go your own way.  Your biggest responsibility in your whole life is to the you of 20-30 years from now. You should be thinking of that person,what he/she will be like, what his/her needs are that you could take care of today.  Your friends and family, the people who know just what you should do, are often not thinking about the you of 30 years from now.

Having said that, I have my own advice.  If you like medicine, there are many technician-level jobs in the health care field that pay well and are very safe.  X-ray tech, inhalation tech, ultrasound tech, really dozens of them.  With a 2-year degree and maybe a certificate, you'll always have a job, and you can work just about anywhere.  Just a thought.

'Coffee bean' is not a job, if you think it is, you're an idiot. Look, if you have the capacity to make a meaningful difference to people's lives and you choose to be a coffee bean instead, then good luck explaining yourself at the Pearly Gates. The point of life, is not having a laugh while others around you suffer and struggle

Don't worry kid, eventually you'll grow up.