Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

How do you hunt birds? Can I use a bow?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

There are specific broadheads designed for turkey hunting with a bow, which is quite do-able, and probably use the same for grouse because they tend to not spook till the last second (hate how much noise a grouse can put out when you least expect it), but for pheasant, chukars, doves and most waterfowl you need a shotgun. 

EDIT: There are also "blunts" for bird and small game hunting. The thing to NOT do is use your field/practice points for hunting, they don't produce a proper wound channel, or on small game, they don't provide as much energy transfer as a blunt for taking the animal. 

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No use a shotgun 

• 1 month ago

Cmon haven’t you ever seen Tim wells bow hunting on YouTube. You’ve gotta go watch him “schlock” the duckies

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes but it takes special arrows and heads . Flu-flu fletching slows the arrow after a short distance so you don't lose all your arrows and special heads to cover bigger areas, look here .  https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-gear-supplies/a...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i would leave those poor birds alone

• BOBBER
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I personaly use a shotgun for birds, But you can certainly use archery gear.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.