I live in Florida. Theoretically, if police stop me and request to search my vehicle, can I respond, "not until you show me your warrant"?

• Bruce

You can say anything you want but if they have a legal reason to search your vehicle, your response will not stop them.  

A warrant isn't even needed for a vehicle (Carroll v United States) If they have enough for a warrant, they have enough to search without one. 

It doesn't matter where you live. This is a Fourth Amendment issue so it is the same in every state.

It is your best interests to do all they say

• J

Police don’t necessarily need a warrant to search a vehicle. They just need probable cause. You can (and should) always refuse to consent to a search, but if they have probable cause they will just search anyway. You should definitely ask them what their probable cause is, and get it on video. That way they don’t have time to think up a good lie beforehand. Lots of people consent to a search because they don’t know they have the right to refuse. If there’s no probable cause, they can’t search without permission. You should read up on the laws and know your rights. 

Yes, you can.  And the Police can seize your vehicle while waiting for the Warrant.