Brock asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Why do people feel the need to announce they're not going to watch the NFL?  ?

I mean people are still going to watch football regardless, it's not like it's going to affect the NFL drastically.  Plus in this new era with streaming services and social media, I'm sure they'll still find a way to bring revenue.  

Because plastic rugby men in tights isn't football?

For attention, plain and simple. Their loss, the league will do just fine.

I do not need to announce it because i stopped watching years ago and I also am selling off all my sports junk. I would rather watch Marble racing 

same reason you asked the question

----------------------

but If I had to guess there is also a part of the socialist movement that has for years pushed soccer (world football) in schools and children sports to unseat American foot ball 

So you have had people walk up to you and out of no-where announce that they are not going to watch the NFL? That does seem a little strange...When I am asked whether or not I'm going to watch, I'll give my opinion, but I don't walk up to strangers on the street and announce it. You seem to doing the same thing, but just the opposite. You started by asking a question, but then went on to tell us how the NFL will still make money, etc., and even explained how, even though nobody had asked you. If you want to watch, watch...I can live without it though.

Like sports players they may think people care about what they are doing!

They are a bunch of little kids that need attention. Just like the people that used to go on the comments on EVERY article about Football to say Oh I stopped watching the NFL. Well you were still commenting and looking at the article in the process so you were giving them the money. They don't care if you watch/read, they care you gave them the clicks. 

• Mike W

Maybe they think that by announcing to the world that they're not going to watch the NFL anymore, they believe that people will think that they're making some sort of heroic stand against the evil NFL  

Same reason people choose to publicly protest against the flag that represents the values of freedom, justice, and equality. Because they want to make a big stink and are mistaken that someone gives a f***. 

That being said viewership is down 16% from last year, which was already down due to the kneeling fiasco. As optimistic as you seem to be, I’m sure NFL execs are sweating bullets. 

it will have a big effect on them, it's already having an affect.