Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Elite Eastern Conservatives like to blame western wildfires on "forest management", do they know that many fires aren't even in forests?

As described in the article "Lessons from the October 2003. Wildfires in Southern California", published in the Journal of Forestry, many of the large fires in California are not in forests at all, so blaming the fires on "poor forest management" shows a real lack of understanding of what's going on. The article also shows that even when fuel management is used by creating fire breaks, those breaks are often ineffective at stopping the fires.  Neither do recently burned areas stop the fires. In other words, those very things that these Eastern Conservatives recommend are useless in many cases. Do these elite eastern conservatives prattle on about forest management as a way of avoiding talking about climate change as a contributing factor?

Davie Bwoi: For the hundredth time, I have no other accounts. NONE.

Favorite Answer

I read the majority of the forests are owned by the government, states only own about 3%, so if it's down to poor management, they should blame the current Whitehouse administration

Yeah they’re in my pants 

I live in Utah.  We are on pace for the worst wildfire season in the history of the state (or the territory it was beforehand).

Very few of these wildfires involve actual forests.

Which means that "forest management" has little to nothing to do with it.

I find it funny that you think they even have a brain to be able to think in the first place.