Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 month ago

Is there a version of Bigfoot in Europe and South America, respectively?  ?

If yes, what is it called? Where are the sightings? Just curious.....

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes and yes.  Bigfeet sightings have been reported in every continent except Antarctica.

But I forget their names, and I don't feel like looking them up.  I know it's a Yeti in Asia, a Sasquatch in British Columbia and a Yowie in Australia, but that's all I can remember.  It can't be that hard to find online.  

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In Loch Ness, a big lake in Scotland, there is reputed to be the Loch Ness Monster; it would be an approximate equivalent to the Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan in the Canadian Rockies.  There is movie footage which purports to show the Loch Ness Monster swimming on the surface of the loch.

In the Himalaya Mountains in Asia there is said to be the Yeti, otherwise called the Abominable Snowman.

• 1 month ago

In Brazilian folklore, the mapinguari or mapinguary, also called the juma, is a monstrous entity said to live in the Amazon rainforest. Depictions of the mapinguari vary. Sometimes it is described as a hairy humanoid cyclops, while others claim it to be similar to the giant ground sloth, an animal extinct for thousands of years, but which some believe the mapinguari to be a cultural memory of. In Scottish folklore, Am Fear Liath Mòr (Grey Man of Ben MacDhui or simply the Greyman) is the name of a presence or creature which is said to haunt the summit and passes of Ben Macdui, the highest peak of the Cairngorms and the second highest peak in Scotland (and also in the British Isles). Although there have been many purported encounters with Am Fear Liath Mòr, few eyewitnesses have seen the creature. Those who have describe it as an extremely tall figure covered with short hair, or as an unseen presence that causes uneasy feelings in people who climb the mountain. Other eyewitnesses describe it as a large humanoid standing over ten feet tall and having olive toned skin with long arms and broad shoulders.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.