Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicR&B & Soul · 1 month ago

Can I run a music studio without me doing music ?

I’m not an artist and I don’t do music but could I set up a music studio and charge people to use the studio and equipment by the hour? I would have all the supplies and everything, I just don’t sing or write music. I would just supply people with the resources for their music careers. 

• Adam

Of course you could, but you would either need the skills, or employ someone who is the skills to understand the industry & equipment. You also need a ton of other skills and preparation, if someone is hiring a studio from you they will expect you know how it all works plus it’ll need to be good equipment which I imagine doesn’t come cheap, it could cost $100K+, I have the feeling you are probably quite young and do not have that, you need to work out your cash flow forecasts, know your market, be in the right place ETC

Another thing to consider is how you get in with managers t refer you business, it’s likely they’ll already either have a studio or one they use to record their bands music. 

If you are going in blind then I really recommend looking at something else.