Rusty
Rusty asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Can someone kindly explain to me the reason(s) for media/NFL league favoritism for the Dallas Cowboys?

I'm watching the 9'ers game on Fox, and I swear, the only time they show a game break/highlight was to show 'Here's Zak giving it to Zeke for the score!'   There's bleeping losing 26-7!!!!   

and you know what I'm talking about.  My MSN homepage, every week: "how did YOUR team do?" is the headline, next to a pic of the Cowboys.  (and they're going to be 0-2 after today!!).

There's this commercial, Marshawn Lynch is reading a Christmas bedtime story.  Every player in that commercial is a Superbowl Champion.  Every doggone, except two who never even went there, in fact, they have only won a few playoff games.  Why we supposed to love the Dallas Cowboys so much?  They suq every year!--the most overrated and over-publicized team in any sport ever.

Sorry, but don't believe the Cowboys are 'the most popular team.'   How many years since they've been the Superbowl?  I mean, the Raiders have gone more recently than them!  I DO believe that there is a very evil cabal who wants to promote them 24/7 and give them all advantages in hopes of making (the easily fooled) believe they are the 'most popular' team.  They aren't.  How could they be? They were 8-8 last year!!   

But W, isn't this like that 'Seinfeld' episode?  If they were the 'most watched' team, isn't it because they are ALWAYS on TV?  Again, underline underline, this team has not been to the Superbowl since the 90's.  They will be 1-2 after next week, onlky 8-8 last year.  Have you seen their defense in 2020?  They won't go to the Superbowl this year either.  Yet, repeat and repeat and repeat how they are the most popular team and everyone want to watch them, and sure enough...

• GF
    Favorite Answer

Cowboys in movies were 99.99% white and they're "America's Team"

Basically because the Cowboys has the most fans in the league, followed by the Steelers Eagles Patriots

Over the period of about 35 years they were "America's Team", trust me, they absolutely were the most watched team by a long shot. Either you loved them or you loved to hate them. Oh, and they won that game yesterday.

• Sam

The cowboys are still Americas team, they have more fans than all the rest.

It's annoying when networks constantly interrupt with highlights of another game as if to say that they know everyone is more interested in the other game, but we're contracturally obligated to broadcast the game you're watching. CBS has been known to drop a game altogether and switch to a closer game.

The Cowboys are the most popular team. At one point 25% of all NFL fans were Cowboys fans. 

That's odd. I'm watching the Eagles on Fox and the only time they show a game break/highlight is to show Brady handing off or passing for a score.

They have been billed, for years, as "America's Team."  The league first offered the title to the Pittsburgh Steelers.  The Rooneys turned it down.

• Rusty

if no one answers, I'm going to assume that Jerry Jones has a pic of Roger Goddell, maybe he was in that pee tape with Trump?  But don't worry: they go to Seattle next week!