Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Extended warranty (Allstate) on a new KIA vehicle?

I purchased a new 2020 Kia Niro and added on the Allstate Vehicle Service Contract Premier extended warranty for $1750. However I’m second guessing now as there will be overlapping coverage between the two therefore making me pay extra for no reason. Allstate also claims to cover towing, rental cars, etc. Does that mean if I keep Allstate extended warranty I can decline them through my insurance? 

I don’t want to end up paying for overlapping services. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Great choice. I bought a Niro a few months ago and have been consistently getting 45 mpg+. But yes,  you added unnecessary extra coverage that would essential have purchased a minimum of 30,000 miles worth of gasoline. In other words, you just wiped out one of the main reasons to buy a high mpg vehicle - to save money. EPIC FAIL. I would decline the service contract and keep towing, especially because the car doesn't come with a spare tire. Your new car has a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 10 year powertrain warranty. You do not need an extended warranty for 5 years. 

Dude, I don't know how to say this, But, a KIA comes with a 10 Year, 100,000 mile warranty & a 5 year 60,000 parts repair. Next time, just give me $1750.

Totally waste of money,It's my opinion 

You just wasted $1750. Your new KIA has a 100,000 mile power train warranty from the factory!

You will find that the extended warranty "is just words".  Insurance companies cannot go past the manufacturer's warranty (indeed not off anymore than the manufacturer already has in it's warranty. You get that with the basic vehicle...ALL BASIC VEHICLE purchases.

, so it is a scam, a con for more of your money without buying you ANYTHING. That is the insurance companies that are doing THAT RIP.

You got the contract in front of your face. You done Learnt what words mean, so read it slowly...and understand fully what you are buying when you buy "extended". Believe me, insurance is GIVING YOU NOTHING WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TO.

• garry

a car owner with a brain , gee thought you car owners where brainless morons , atleast you read the contract and figured out the benefits dont out wiegh the consts , also you have to read who you have to have your car serviced buy .and you dont have to have your car serviced by a dealer , an ordinary mechanic is allowed to service your car as long its by the book and you warranty is not effected . thats the law .why pay extra for a dealer to service your car after all mechanics are mechanics .

The old saying is still true, a sucker is born every minute.

You can cancel the extended warranty. And you should. However, you will not get cash and you can't refinance your loan for 12-18+ months. (Unless you paid cash)

You either take the entire policy or none of the policy.  It's not a pick and choose idea.  I bought a sports car, and MY extended warranty takes effect after the original warranty expires.

I belong to AAA, so I pay for towing on both "policies."

Money down the drain.  Don't KIAs come with a 60 month, 60,000 mile warranty?  Isn't that enough?  The car probably won't be worth $1750 at that point - about 80% of what you paid went to salesman commissions . . . all you need is an AAA membership to cover emergencies - - - if  you've got money to throw away, please send me some.

• Ron

waste of cash