Jeffrey K asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Is it still a perfect game if nobody gets on base except the runner that starts at 2nd in extra innings? ?

If it is, then if that runner on 2nd scores on two sac flies, would the pitcher have a perfect game and also be the losing pitcher?? 

Ken Griffey Jr hit a few "upper-deckers" in his time, however the only "upper-decker" I ever experienced was when someone left a huge log in my toilet tank.

Interesting speculation. I think it would still be a perfect game.

• David

NO, that would not be a perfect game.

This is a bizarre situation with almost 0 chance of ever happening but if it did the rules committee would have to look at it.  However strictly speaking the answer is no as that runner is considered on base by error for scoring purposes.  That error would make the game not perfect.

yes, it's still a perfect game, so it is possible to pitch a perfect game and lose under the new dumb 2nd base runner rule.