Is the American-economy dead and buried?

I've spent 10 years looking for decent-jobs, 

here in Los Angeles. You can't find one 

without a Master's degree. 

_______

For example: 

Math-Tutor: needs bachelor's degree for part-time work. 

Medical-Assistant: only a few dollars above minimum-wage. 

Yoga-Teacher: no job-openings

Alternative-Medicine like Acupuncture: no job-openings

Animal Vet-Technician: only a few dollars above minimum-wage

Favorite Answer

Corporate greed and bad political decisions is what put us where we are now.

They are worried about their executives and their bottom line, period.

Take one place I worked years ago...all hourly employees were lucky to get 9.00 per hour, all the rest did "production" work where the pay rate per piece was so impossibly high they weren't doing much better.

Yet, out of the "goodness" of their hearts, one year every supervisor, salesman, anyone considered "up the chain," got a brand new EXPENSIVE truck for Christmas.

The rank and file got poverty and struggle, while those they were already paying well to begin with got an unnecessary luxury.

Yet, without the rank and file, those supervisors and salespeople were about as useful as a lead life preserver in the middle of an ocean.

That's just an excuse.  It's only what they tell you to manipulate you.  Once you get your Master's degree and realize nothing's really changed and you still can't get a job anywhere they'll start telling you it's because you don't have enough military experience.

Source(s): Yes. The American economy is dead and gone.
  • L

Only if the Democrats get their way.  Vote for President Trump.

• garry

thought you knew , the economy has been dead since the 70's , talk about the waste of an education , see you learnt nothing from school . your 22 trilion in debt (thats what the government owes , over all america owes over 70 trillion) and will never pay it back or have a true balanced budget , think about it and you might get work .

In those 10 years you could have gotten a masters degree. 

I assume you realize you contradicted yourself, and what you said doesn't make sense.

Not all jobs require a master degree. You listed a job, and you said it requires a bachelors degree well a bachelors degree is not a masters degree.

I don't have any degrees, and I was able to find work. The reason why you can't find work is because you are all over the map, and you don't know what you want to do.

I am not like you. I know what I want to do, but apparently you don't.

I have a college education, and I have a college Diploma. Remember it's just a piece of paper, and nothing more. A master degree is just a piece of paper like a Diploma, and that's all it is. It's how we go about using our knowledge that matters to be able to find work.

I have taken my time to produce something, so other people can see what I can do, and whenever I have a chance then I speak with people, and sometimes I end up getting work simply because I sell myself.

Without having goals in life then I think life can be difficult. I have goals, and I have been accomplishing my goals one after the other.

Just because I have a College Diploma, doesn't mean that I have a certain amount of education, and that's all I have. I am also self taught too, so I have taken the time to learn more on my own.

You're thinking inside the Job Box, when the Job Box has been shrinking for at least 2-3 decades. And you are trying to get jobs you are not qualified for. Opportunities for self-employment have exploded. And the US created more jobs in June (over 2 million) than have been created in most full years during the past 2 decades. 

Yoga teachers, acupuncturists (who are properly trained & licensed!), tutors, and other occupations are always self-employed professionals, no "jobs." So your expectations are out of line. And you fail to mention any qualifications. Obviously, you are not a professional yoga instructor, tutor, acupuncturist, state certified teacher, etc. What education, training, experience, etc, do you have? What are you really looking for?

If it's a few dollars above the minimum wage in California, then it is a decent job; actually, that would mean it pays about double the minimum wage for many states.

Its been jacked up for about 30 years in the united states.

Trump is trying to make things better.

Biden will destroy this country.

You're looking IN LOS ANGELES.  California is one of the most anti-business states in the country.  It's only prosperous because Silicon Valley and Hollywood happened to have been created there BEFORE it became anti-business.

If you want a decent job, you either need to be really sexy and get an entertainment job (good luck there's a lot of really sexy people competing with you) OR you have to have a STEM degree and be REALLY GOOD at that STEM work. 

Or you could start electing pro-business politicians.  But that's not likely to happen.