What can I do? Do I need a lawyer ?

Me and my son were in a car accident a year ago they told myself that they were going to pay for our medical bills since it wasn’t my fault and I wasn’t driving I was the passenger and so was my son . It’s been a year and now they are billing me for my sons medical bill and the person I was in a car accident with her insurance never paid my sons part. Again I wasn’t driving and it wasn’t my car or my insurance and the person that was driving it was her fault which was a old friend of mine and we had a fall out and now she doesn’t want to fix it basically she is saying I should pay it. There was no other car involved just her reckless driving and she hit the divider on the free way and now she doesn’t want to call her insurance to fix it so what can I do ? 

6 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    You are apparently NOT in a medical no fault State.  There is no requirement that the driver's insurance pay the passengers' medical bills.  

    Have you filed a claim with her insurance company?  If not, you have a serious issue getting the medical bills paid.

    What can you do?  Retain legal counsel.

  • 1 month ago

    At this point, you'll definitely need a lawyer.  That's your only option, in fact.

    Your vehicle wasn't involved and you probably don't have first-party injury coverage (known as PIP or Accident Benefits), so your insurance company can't help you.  The at-fault party's insurance can help you, but they won't.  To file a claim for compensation, you'll have to fill out forms and provide documents you don't understand.  A lawyer will know the forms and documents, and they speak that language fluently.

  • 1 month ago

    Your post is really hard to follow.

    - did you file a claim?  It sounds like you did.

    Then you don't need your friend to call and doing anything.  You can pick up the phone and call yourself.

    " her insurance never paid my sons part. " - did you give them the bills and medical reports?  They don't magically pay. 

  • 1 month ago

    He insurance is responsible. She can't deny this coverage, consult a lawyer if needed, yes. They can go after her insurance and her if necessary.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    You won't get anywhere by simply hoping someone will pay you.  You will have to act.  You should file a claim against her insurance.  If they deny the claim sue her.  Unless you sue her in small claims court you will need a lawyer.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Sounds like They are not going to pay unless you sue them and win. And it might cost thousands to do that with no guarantee of winning.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.