Bear asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

What did you think of the Patriots last play of the game from the one yard line?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Poor decision. Play action would have been so much better, it was clear that Seattle were looking for the run.

• bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Good play but Newton is a loser.Always will be. Brady excelled at qb sneak.

• 1 month ago

It had worked all game but Seattle knew it was coming and executed better than the Patriots.

• 1 month ago

Belichick said it was their best offensive play. I'm not questioning the judgement of a man with six Lombardi trophies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nick
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Credit where it is due, Cam Newton carried the Pats in that game. If they still had Brady they would have been blown out.

• 1 month ago

Hindsight is 20/20.

When the Seahawks threw the ball on the 1-yard line in the Super Bowl and it was intercepted, it was a dumb call.

When the Patriots ran the ball on the 1-yard line and the Seahawks stopped them, it was a dumb call too.

Newton scored two TD earlier in nearly identical plays, so I wouldn't blame Belichick for calling that play.

The Seahawks is one of the few teams that has been successful against the Patriots beating them in 8 of the last 11 games.

• Kurt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not a smart call. Seahawks were expecting a Newton run for the win. A quick pass to the TE on the out side (a la Brees) would have been a better call.

• 1 month ago

Haha, idiots... They should have done a pass play, everyone knows you do a pass play on the 1 yard line, smh...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Enjoyable watching the Seahawks stuff Fig Newton like a turkey on Thanksgiving.

• 1 month ago

it was good, i liked it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.