Can a mouse ever become a phoenix?

From the humblest beginnings to a great mythical creature

I really kind of don't think so, at least not in literal terms.  Figuratively definitely yes, but you didn't say if your question was literal or figurative.

Figuratively speaking, absolutely yes.  I've (figuratively) done it myself, so I know for a fact it can be done.  When I was a kid, I was a schoolyard bully's wet dream.  I was painfully shy, scrawny, didn't get good grades, and I sucked at any kind of sport.  Then I got sick of being that kid, so I forced myself to change and got a lot of help from my faithful friend rock & roll.  I stopped being the shy kid, I learned the art of Kung Fu (this was when martial arts were still exotic and MMA didn't even exist), and I learned how to play guitar.  And I got good, and I worked it until I earned some respect.  Nowadays, I'm a real live living breathing rock star who has nailed more girls than any dozen hipster bands put together.  

But literally, just plain no.  If you're born a mouse, you're going to live your life as a mouse and you're going to die a mouse.  And you'll probably die because some big god dammed bird of prey ate you and then shat you out onto some hipster kid's head.

• Pyrus

Sure, it just needs to turn into ashes first. So throw it in the incinerator, see it turn to ash, let it absorb the mystical powers of fire and be reborn as a phoenix. Try it!