59 yr old male sleeps 12 hours?

why in the world would I need 12 hours of sleep, then nap for 40 minutes at 4 pm? im 59 and seems my body needs this rest, but seems ridiculous to me, eh I do have a cup of that sleepy time tea in the evening, with valerin, ill stop that, even though I remember when I don't drink the tea, seems I need the 12 hour beauty nap

• kswck2

See a doctor. Might be an undiagnosed condition. Might also be your diet. Do you go to sleep right after dinner or any meal? 

If you don't have a known medical condition then you might have an undiagnosed one.  But also your diet may just be lousy.

If your diet is rubbish then improve it, exercise daily too and go to bed at a regular time each night and set an alarm to wake up after 8 hours and force yourself to get up and start the day with a glass of fresh juice and a piece of bread. 

• Judy

You should get checked out by a doctor.