Should I become a car mechanic?

I love cars, although I probably am not the smartest in getting things fixed. I don't feel confident about being successful in this field even though I love cars. I feel like cars these days are too complicated and I won't be able to learn how a car works and how to put together an engine or transmission (considering all cars come in different engine variations). I'm hearing from my cousin who is also a mechanic that mechanics make a lot of money and that I should have become a mechanic when I finished high school (I'm 23 now), and he has been a mechanic for like 15-20 years now. I'm hearing from many others on forums that mechanics don't get paid much. I don't know. If I do it, I'd mostly do it for the money because as much as I love cars, I don't think I'd want to work 8 hours a day standing on my feet all day. Is it worth it?

• Definitely. You'll never be out of work, but remember that the world is going electric and you'll need to retrain often as more of these zero emission cars become available to the general public. 

• Jay P

In the end, only you can decide if it is "worth it" for you.

Yes, a good automotive technician can make good money,  But that is not the main reason to choose auto repairs as a career.  You should choose it if it is something you enjoy doing and you're good at it.  

Yes. We need more mechanics! The youth doesn’t work these days