Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 month ago

How Do I Start a Clothing Business?

How do i start a online clothing boutique? I am a sole proprietor do i need to register a DBA? Get a EIN? what legal requirements do i need to follow before i launch? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can get your EIN free at the IRS website.   But that is the last thing you do.

You have to have a business plan or you will lose all of your money and go out of business.

Yes, you can hire an accountant or CPA and pay them a lot more money than you have to create a detailed business plan.   You can go to the Library and get a professional business book that they use at the universities and copy a business plan from there and you can go to the Fiverr site and just get a basic business plan you can follow for a year or so until you have a lot of customers.

You do not need to register as a DBA...but becoming an LLC will protect your personal assets and I think that gives you a tax break.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your write a business plan.

Then you rewrite the business plan.

Then you review the business plan with an accountant.

Then you review the business plan with a lawyer.

Then you apply for your EIN at IRS.gov.  The EIN is free.  Unless you know how to write a business plan...that wil lcost you $500 to $1,000.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Change your mind before you lose money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.