My 66 y.o. mother lately has been getting forgetful...?

My 66 y.o. mother lately has been getting forgetful. Last night, she left the stove on while I was out with my father. I quickly noticed the smell n turned off the stove but inhaled some of w/e was burning! Will I be okay?

Steven what are you talking about? I didn't "jump to any conclusions" this really happend and she really did forget to turn of the stove! I also didn't say anything about her having dementia or alzheimer's or anything of the sort!.. Are you saying she did this on purpose?!! 

give her Gingko Biloba supplements

to improve her memory

i would hope so, maybe you shouldnt let her cook if shes going to do that

I would not jump to conclusions about her mental state

Lol suzy, the way you worded your question made it appear like you were worrying that her being forgetful was getting worse, for example leaving the stove on. As for just smelling/inhaling burning food (i hope food was in the oven), I highly doubt you would be in any danger, unless you had an extreme allergic reaction. also, I did not say she had a disease. So you can relax now ok, everything is good 👌