Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Have you ever cut off a deer head and hung it on your wall as a trophy?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't hunt for trophies.  I hunt for food and deer is delicious!

• 1 month ago

I was never the kind of guy to have a deer head mounted, but a few years ago I harvested a huge buck in archery season that I had to. Out of respect for that magnificent animal, I spent the money and had it done. I wish I had a photo of him to post for you, but maybe you can "DuckDuckGo image" to get an idea. He was scored thru Pope and Young at 190 inches, non typical whitetail. He is extremely cool...and provided a good bit of meat for my family.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yup. But the blood stained a lot and I had to re-paint the whole damn wall, so the deer got its revenge on me I guess.

• Rev
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, but I've kept antlers. And one skull with antlers attached. Which is hung on on a tree in my backyard. Not a trophy, more like a return to nature.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes as I have a large trophy room 

• 1 month ago

No, I've never done that.

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I didn't personally cut the head off I had my butcher do that for me, I then brought it to the taxidermist to mount, and its on my wall. I also have a deer skull on my wall too.                                       

• C T M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not just deer heads.....

• 1 month ago

No, and I would never do that...even though I have a strong dislike of deer.  Environmentally very destructive animals because of their numbers. 

• IOM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course not 🤮

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.