Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Have you ever cut off a deer head and hung it on your wall as a trophy?

Favorite Answer

I don't hunt for trophies.  I hunt for food and deer is delicious!

I was never the kind of guy to have a deer head mounted, but a few years ago I harvested a huge buck in archery season that I had to. Out of respect for that magnificent animal, I spent the money and had it done. I wish I had a photo of him to post for you, but maybe you can "DuckDuckGo image" to get an idea. He was scored thru Pope and Young at 190 inches, non typical whitetail. He is extremely cool...and provided a good bit of meat for my family.

• Zapata

Yup. But the blood stained a lot and I had to re-paint the whole damn wall, so the deer got its revenge on me I guess.

• Rev

No, but I've kept antlers. And one skull with antlers attached. Which is hung on on a tree in my backyard. Not a trophy, more like a return to nature.

• Robin

Yes as I have a large trophy room 

No, I've never done that.

• Matt

I didn't personally cut the head off I had my butcher do that for me, I then brought it to the taxidermist to mount, and its on my wall. I also have a deer skull on my wall too.                                       

• C T M

Not just deer heads.....

No, and I would never do that...even though I have a strong dislike of deer.  Environmentally very destructive animals because of their numbers. 

• IOM

Of course not 🤮