Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Vegan Youtuber Freelee slams Tik Toker GlitterAndLazers for being obese and promoting fat acceptance + meat and dairy consumption. Thoughts?

First of all, I am not slamming veganism in this answer. Anyone that lives a vegan lifestyle is cool by me. What I am slamming is a vegan that thinks they have the right to fat-shame another individual. That is NOT cool. There should never be anything but acceptance for any person's shape, no matter what it is. Vegans like that make me sick. They use their lifestyle to promote shaming, when they don't know that individual's story. Eat what you want, live like you want, and let others do the same. 

• me

I don't know those youtubers, but I agree with Freelee.

• Megumi

The pot calls the kettle black. Vegans are insane. Fat acceptance is also insane. Meat and dairy consumption is sane however. 

none at all, at least not for freelee.

Freelee is a fool, and a fool is a fool, even though many often try to make out how smart and wise they are. She's been known to even go after at times other vegans whose opinions doesn't mesh with her opinions. While as one put it, she could be a cult leader. However based on some different things said, she lacks the one critical trait need. That trait is charisma, and without that, it won't happen. She's come off top to many as being arrogant and abrasive.

As a carny I picked something up, broad face broad body. Once aging starts to catch up with her, the weight will become harder to keep off. Also what she does now, she may not in a short twenty years for now. She's only a celebrity due to YouTube. Which without that she'd be nothing. She's doing what she can to keep her name out front, and by whatever means she can use, even if it's not moral or ethical. In one hundred fifty years no one is likely going to remember her, let alone actually know who she was at this point in time.   However fat shaming, is as bad as skinny shaming. Not everyone is going to be able to be somewhere in that happy medium, of what's considered a healthy weight. Once she ages another decade or two, she may not be able to fight off the weight, as she does now.

• People who are abusive to someone because they're fat aren't worthy of my time or mental energy.  She's simply trying to draw attention to herself.  

• polly

You can't win with Freelee the banana nut.

Freelee got sued by Kayla Istines the head of the bikini body guide company for saying that Kayla promotes a starvation diet,anorexia & skinny body acceptance & now Freelee's gone to the other end of the spectrum by negatively judging GlitterAndLazers eating habits, by saying that GlitterAndLazers is promoting eating to excess & fat body acceptance.

Freeleee is a has been that needs to go to verbal extremes about others so as not to fade into obscurity

• Anton

Thoughts?

You need to go to elementary school and learn how to use standard English.

While I don't agree with promoting fat acceptance at all, Freelee is a damned nuisance. People don't listen to her because she's batshit crazy. It's one thing to have opinions and keeping to your own lifestyle, but I fully believe that Freelee could be a cult leader, if she wanted to. Not to mention that on several occasions, she has pretty much said that all meat-eaters should DIE. Yeah, what a compassionate vegan, huh...?

• Jeff D

That's almost interesting.