Can my neighbor cut a tree branch from his tree on my property without my permission?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yeah he can. It might be called 'Limiting his liability', as the branch could break off and damage Your property. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If its on your property then no

• 4 weeks ago

Of course he can. It's his tree. He can cut off as much as he wants. Or cut the tree completely down. If the tree is on his property he has all the control or permission he needs. 

• 4 weeks ago

Nah, let him leave it there and possibly break during a storm and damage your home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • L
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

It sounds like your neighbor is being responsible for his tree....why complain???

• 4 weeks ago

Technically he cannot enter your property without your permission. That's trespass. Good neighbors would readily agree to this.   Ideally he'd come to you and ask permission and you'd happily agree.

• 4 weeks ago

If he must step onto your property to do it, without your permission, no, your neighbor cannot trespass on your property.

No need to get temperamental at this time. Avoiding neighbor wars is easy if you can open the lines of communication. Perhaps you can tell your neighbor that you will choose to prune overhanging branches from now on in order to avoid liability issues of him entering your property. Say it with a smile.

• garry
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

no , then he is trespassing and destroying you property , he can only work if it is on hes property , nothing hanging over .but then why do you want a branch over hanging your property if it aint your trees .

• 4 weeks ago

If it's on your property, how can it be his tree?  

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, he can do that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.