Who is smarter, Superman or Batman?

I’m not taking about being able to prepare for battles, as Batman often needs weeks or even months to prepare to fight an opponent.

I’m taking about raw intellect. The ability to process math and science, etc.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

In terms of how the mythos is SUPPOSED to work, Superman should be WAY smarter.  The Kryptonians aren't just an older civilization than Earth, they're also supposed to be way smarter.  Superman is supposed to have learned every major language on Earth.  He is, as a certain Mr. Wile E. Coyote would say, a Sooooooper-genius.

Batman's smart, and works hard, but he's not Superman caliber smart.  I would argue he's not even exceptionally smart by human standards.  The scientists at Wayne Enterprises are the ones making Batman's amazing toys.  What Batman is though, is clever and devious.  He's a strategic thinker.  That doesn't imply the same ability to process math and science, but it's definitely a certain level of smart.  But more than brains it's about experience and training and discipline.

Superman doesn't have those things.  He's not clever or devious or disciplined because he doesn't have to be.  He can obliterate steel with his pinky finger.  But in science terms, he should make Batman look like a drooling baby.

But then we get to the problem of writers.  There are writers who seem to want to make Batman elite at EVERYTHING skill based that he attempts...regardless of whether it makes sense.  These are bad writers.

• Diana
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That depends what time period that you're talking about.  If its the 1980's, Superman's scientific intellect would've been serious competition for Batman.  However, today's Superman is a bit of a hick compared to the caped crusader.  🦸‍♂️👨‍🌾

• Imp
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Pure, raw intellect would be Super-Man. Knowlege is Bat-Man.

• 4 weeks ago

Superman is very fast, strong, and moral.  Not super smart.

Batman may not be up to Tony Stark smart, but he does develop a lot of things for his bat belt. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The people who created them, wrote the comics and became millionaires by licencing the movies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.