How can I convince my parents to let me get emancipated?

I am currently 14. Once Covid-19 is over my parents are making me move across the country. I know I won't be happy there.

I have a job (some places hire 14 yr olds) and enough money saved to take care of myself. I also have a decent place to stay that is NOT with a bf.However, where I live it is nearly impossible to get emancipated without your parents agreeing to it. How can I convince them that this is what's best for me?

It doesn't matter. You are NOWHERE NEAR financially independent and the court won't even schedule a hearing on your application. In your case, in ANY jurisdiction, emancipation is OUTRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE, even with parental permission. Actually, if they gave permission, you would most likely end up as a ward of the state.

Rayal: You CAN'T have a legal guardian AND emancipation.

• John

There is no way a judge will emancipate a minor simply based on "my parents are moving and I don't want to go."  Emancipation is reserved for serious situations in which a minor has to be granted the ability to enter into contracts for food, shelter, and clothing.  I worked in a large social services agency many years ago. The only case of emancipation I had seen involved a 17 year old Vietnamese boat person (ie: a refugee who fled Vietnam by setting to sea in a crowded, rickety boat) who arrived in the US without his parents.

It's not your parents you have to convince... IT'S A JUDGE... YOU to uneducated to know that then your not ready.

You want the hell of adulthood thrust upon you at 14?

Good god.

Most places do not allow that until 16.

Don’t do it. My brother got emancipated thinking he would like it but now he regrets it and really misses his peen.

You are delusional.

You are still a young minor and NO, you cannot take care of yourself because you are still a child.

For goodness sake, you are still teething!

• Bruce

Emancipation requires you to live on your own. You can not qualify if you live with someone else. Even with a job, a 14 year old can not make enough to be independent. 

You could have an adult apply to be your legal guardian, but that is highly unlikely unless you are currently living in an unsafe condition. Not wanting to move does not qualify you. 

• xyzzy

You wait 4 years to you grow up a bit and then you are emancipated.

14 yr olds cant get emancipated.

You have to also be able to support youtself with NO assistance..   Youd need an income of at LEAST 2 grand a month to do that... More if you live in a high cost of living area.

No judge is going to grant emancipation just because you dont want to move.

• Rayal

You have to go to court to get emancipated.  At 14 you would have to find a legal guardian to take the place of your parents. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_of_mino...