Sock asked in PetsRodents · 4 weeks ago

How do i stop neglecting my hamster?

My pet hamster, cheesecake. he's an amazing pet he doesnt deserve this, how do i stop forgetting to help him. what i really should be asking is how do i organize my schedule. I absolutely love him and i really want to treat him better and give him a better life. any advice?

Favorite Answer

His needs (food, water, clean cage, enrichment) are all being met? He's just not getting lots of attention? If so then he's fine. Hamsters are not animals that need loads of attention. They are happy to do their own thing. Just make sure you do handle him on a regular basis so he stays used to being handled. 

• 1 week ago

What kind of question is this? I’m sorry but if you can’t take care of your hamster you shouldn’t have got him. You need to get rid of him honestly 

If you can't care for him correctly you shouldn't have gotten him in the first place. Give him away.

Thank´s that clears up a lot i thought not giving him enough attention was neglect lol

If you are "neglecting" your pet you aren't the right person to own him. By help him do you mean you forget to feed him or fulfill his basic needs? Now if you take okay care of him but don't give him enough attention that's something else entirely. You could try setting alarms or reminders on your phone/device to give him attention.

Source(s): Me