Jeff asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Which is better to fight Covid, vitamin D or C?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • rodcom
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Neither one does a thing to fight covid19.

• 1 month ago

I don't have a link, but last week there was another medical journal report that linked Vitamin D deficiency to patients with more-severe COVID symptoms.  I recall a similar report a few months back resulted in a run on Vitamin D supplements in stores (along with Zinc supplements, which were mentioned as being part of several COVID treatments).

At that time, my personal doctor (who usually stresses Vitamin D for good health) said he was a bit skeptical of a direct link.  He pointed out that Vitamin D is generated by the human body when exposed to sunlight, so a Vitamin D deficiency could indicate a sedentary lifestyle that could be more of a contributing factor.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To prevent getting it?  Cure it?  What?

Neither of those vitamins is going to fight it off or help cure it. HOWEVER, the healthier you are, the more likely you are to contract a mild case of Covid and develop no complications. So, you should make sure to get adequate amounts of both C and D in your daily diet.

Don't overdose on them, though.  It won't do you any good and could make you sick.

A lot of people are D-deficient, especially now that tanning oneself is frowned upon because of the potential for skin cancer. You can ask your doctor to do a blood test in order to determine whether your D levels are where they need to be.

• 1 month ago

Staying away from other people.  It's best not to catch it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Vitamin D                        

• 1 month ago

Vitamin mask.      

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.