When I give a wrong answer in class and people laugh/snicker at me, I want to cut myself and not talk to anyone.  How can I get past this?

I hate myself so much.  I already feel too stupid for the program I’m in

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can't let other people get to you especially as you are trying to grow and learn. Mistakes and errors are part of learning. Just ask any professional in sports, music, entertainment,... and they will tell you about mistakes and errors they made when first starting out. They too must have felt bad about being laughed at but they continued to improve themselves.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Students are being extremely rude and inconsiderate for laughing at you.  Do the best you can, and try to ignore them.  Don't cut yourself - that won't accomplish anything.

• 1 month ago

that is -what is called seasoning or breaking in.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your problem has nothing to do with college or academics.  You have mental/emotional problems which need professional treatment.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find what it is that makes you comfortable.  Then think about what it is that you really love, enjoy, and and confidence in.  Then stick to whatever that is, and disregard distractions such as snickering.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.