Anonymous

Can an associates degree get you pretty far in life? ?

I don’t really care about going to a 4 year University. I just want a degree under my belt. I think I can make an associates degree work for me though. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes and No. it depends what you mean by far in life. It always depends on what your goals are? What are you planning on studying nursing? I’m sure an AA in nursing pays well?

• 4 weeks ago

It can certainly help.  Will it help as much as a bachelor's degree?  Not even close.

• 1 month ago

Look to community colleges for vocational/occupational training, not just a general education associate's degree. CCs will have programs for RN, X-ray & sonography techs, nurse's aides, billing & coding clerks - just to mention a few in healthcare field. You're more likely to find a job, establish a career with specific training, licensing for occupations which require that, than just a couple years of entry-level college courses. Check offerings for the CCs near you to see what interests you, and check the school's placement office as well as the local job market to see who's recruiting for what.

• Expat
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Like most everything in this life, it just depends. If you get an associate's degree in TV repair, you're not going to have many advantages from it, but in one of the medical technician programs it can really make a great difference to your life. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The general answer is no. In most academic fields, one has only a slightly better chance of getting "pretty far in life," with an Associates degree as one does with a high school diploma.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

in the         right area, yes...................................

• 1 month ago

Why not just go all the way? Doesn't count as the full degree anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.