What is the verb and prepositional phase in these sentences?
1. Movies about dinosaurs are always popular.
2. After my challenging math test, I breathed a sigh of relief.
3. Unexpected, icy rain began to fall from the dark clouds.
4. The spots on the living room rug look terrible.
Also, 5. Then, she began to work with a tutor.
- AmulyaPLv 51 month ago
1. Verb "are". Propositional phrase. Movies about dinosaurs
2. Verb. "breathed" pre. phrase After my challenging math test.
3.Verb "began". Pre.phrase from the dark clouds
4.Verb "look" pre.phrase The spots on the living room rug
5.Verb "began" pre. Phrase. With a tutor.
A propositional phrase is made up of a preposition +a noun or pronoun or a noun phrase.
The car is inside the garage. (Preposition +Noun Phrase)