Re Luke 19:40 What does Jesus mean remain quiet? Do everyone preach(I Cor 12:28) or have power (Acts 1:5;8; I Cor 12:13)& quiet if not used ?

Update:

Jesus said in Lk 19:40

"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Acts 1:5;8 says "After Holy Spirit baptism" (v5) We receive "POWER" (v8)

“I, the LORD, have called you and given you POWER [Recv'd after Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5;8]

to see that justice is done on earth.

Through you I will make a covenant with all peoples;

through you I will bring light to the nations.

You will open the eyes of the blind

and set free those who sit in dark prisons."

Update 2:

@ANON

"UNDERSTANDETH WHAT THOU READEST?" (ACTS 8:30).

"...BEGAN TO REJOICE AND PRAISE GOD WITH A LOUD VOICE 

>>>>FOR ALL THE MIGHTY (((WORKS))) THAT THEY HAD SEEN..."<<<<<

BUT YOU ARE LIKE THE PHARISEES AND DON'T WANT ALL THAT HOLLERING AND PRAISING GOD GOING ON SAYING 

"REBUKE THE HOCUS POCUS AND ALL THAT MIRACLE SHYT."

Update 3:

@ANON

HABAKKUK 2:11-14

11 "The stones of the wall will cry out, and the beams of the woodwork will echo it. 

12 Woe to him who builds a city with bloodshed and establishes a town by injustice!

13 Has not the LORD Almighty determined that the people's labor is only fuel for the fire, that the nations exhaust themselves for nothing? 

14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."

Update 4:

WOE BE UNTO THEM THAT ARE QUIET WITHOUT THE POWER OF GOD WORKING THROUGH THEM (LUKE 19:40; PHIL 2:13) THAT WAS RECEIVED AFTER THEY WERE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED (ACTS 1:5;8)!

Update 5:

@USER

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO "OBEY"

>>>>>>>>>"GREATER WORKS THAN THESE SHALL YE DO"<<<<<<<< (JOHN 14:12)

BEING

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"QUIET"<<<<<<<<<<<<< (LUKE 19:40) WITH

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO POWER<<<<<<<<<<<<< (ACTS 1:8) 

RECEIVED AFTER >>>>>>>>HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM<<<<<<< (ACTS 1:5)?

YOU (((DON'T HAVE))) THE POWER OF GOD WORKING WITH YOU (MK 16:20) OF "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I COR 12:7-10) AND "SIGNS FOLLOWING" (MK 16:17-18) "TO CONFIRM THAT THE LORD IS WORKING WITH YOU" (MK 16:20)

QUIET!

Update 6:

@ANTHONY 

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WHAT GOD'S KINGDOM (((WILL DO))) FOR US?"

AS IF HE'S KINGDOM DIDN'T COME ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST (ACTS 2:2-4)!

OR DO YOU BELIEVE JESUS LIED WHEN HE SAID

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His Kingdom?” (Matthew 16:28)?

YOU JW'S ARE JUST LIKE THESE OTHER TODAY'S CHRISTIANS WHO BELIEVE ((*(ANYTHING))) THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS TAUGHT THEM 

Update 7:

LIKEWISE YOU JW'S BELIEVE (((ANYTHING))) YOUR "GOVERNING BODY" HAS TAUGHT YOU!

(((BOTH))) OF YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IN "UNBELIEF" (REV 21:8)!

Update 8:

@MAGIX

WHEN OTHER SCRIPTURES 

>>>>>>>>>>>(((WITNESSES))) A BELIEF<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>"THE WORD IS ESTABLISHED"<<<<<<<<<< (DEUT 19:15; MATT 18:16; II COR 13:1) WHICH MEANS 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THE BELIEF IS ESTABLISHED!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Update 9:

GOD SAID IN ISAIAH 42:6-7; GNT

“I, the LORD, have called you and given you POWER [Received after Holy Spirit baptism' Acts 1:5;8]

to see that justice is done on earth.

(((THROUGH YOU))) I will make a covenant with all peoples;

(((THROUGH YOUI))) I will bring light to the nations.

You will open the eyes of the blind

and set free those who sit in dark prisons."

REMAIN "QUIET"

OK?

THAT'S WHY THE WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN A MESS!~

Update 10:

@MALCOM

GOD SAID IN ISAIAH 42:6-7; GNT“I, the LORD, have called you and given you POWER [Received after Holy Spirit baptism' Acts 1:5;8]    to see that justice is done on earth.(((THROUGH YOU))) I will make a covenant with all peoples;(((THROUGH YOUI))) I will bring light to the nations.   You will open the eyes of the blind    and set free those who sit in dark prisons."REMAIN "QUIET"OK?THAT'S WHY THE WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN A MESS!~

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You are leaving out, by design, matters which easily disprove your premise.  Your silence is killing your argument.

• 1 month ago

Read more than what you quote. The entire thing is about Jesus entering the city and his disciples saying "Behold the lord". The pharisees told Jesus to rebuke them for saying that. Then Jesus told them that even if his disciples were silent, the rocks would proclaim him. It doesn't say what you think.

Norine: You need to stop piecing scripture together to suit you. I too can use a piece here, another word there, and make it all seem like I am right, when all I am doing is manipulating what is written. Stop manipulating the word. Besides, you don't even believe it, since you are constantly saying it is a book of lies and no one needs it.

• 1 month ago

We believe that God’s Kingdom is the only solution for the world’s problems. Jesus said that the “good news of the Kingdom” would be preached all over the world. (Read Matthew 24:14.) No human government can do what God’s Kingdom will do for us. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for God’s Kingdom when he said: “Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.” (Matthew 6:10) The Bible tells us that God’s Kingdom will destroy all human governments and that “it alone will stand forever.”​—Daniel 2:44.

Source(s): Jw.org
  • User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In context, the intended meaning is clear and indisputable.

As soon as He was approaching, near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of the disciples began to praise God joyfully with a loud voice for all the miracles which they had seen, shouting:

. . "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord;

. . Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.” But Jesus answered, “I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!”

To answer your question directly: "No. Very obviously not."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He new the people wouldn’t be satisfied no matter what he said so it was better to remain quite than waste his energy 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Among the cries that burst forth from the marching crowd were these: “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” “Blessed is the One coming as the King in Jehovah’s name!” “Save, we pray you! Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name, even the king of Israel!” When the hate-filled enemies objected to these Messianic shouts of the people, Jesus insisted that the prophecy had to be fulfilled by saying: “I tell you, If these remained silent, the stones would cry out.”—Matt. 21:6-16; Mark 11:4-11; Luke 19:32-40; John 12:12-16.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Luke 19:40 KJV — And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these >>>should hold their peace,<<< the stones would immediately cry out.

Read the prior scripture....

Luke 19:37-39 KJV — And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.