Do most Rupublicans dislike liberals?

I asked a question about Trump, and someone thought I was a liberal. He insulted me, and he posted a violent statement. I am an independent voter. He deleted his answer. My question is in Politics & Government.    

Favorite Answer

How does this relate to the president? No, I don't hate Libby's. I know several (friends & family). We get along until someone voices a political opinion. After awhile, we go back to being friends.

• Rusty

Many of the pro-Trump posts on here are credited to 'Anonymous' and come from Russian paid troll farm rooms.  I would not let those bother me.  A smaller segment are from very fearful bigots who generally kept their hateful feelings to themselves, until the worst president in US history told them it's okay to embrace their ugliness.   Don't worry--these scared hateful bigots will return to their basements in shame in about 6 weeks...

Sounds like you are making an assumption that that fellow was a Republican and not also an independent. 

Besides what exactly is a "liberal"? 

The classic definition is one who ascribes to a political philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.  Yet today we have people labeled "liberals" that are exposing anti-business, pro-anarchy, expanding government dependency, and forced unionization of workers. 

• Traci

Republicans do not hate liberals.  Not the sick hatred that the commie dems have for anyone who does not agree with them. Libs want to rule not represent Americans!

As for me, not personally unless they are absolutely rabid about their politics. 

I don’t necessarily dislike liberals, I just really dislike their views and find their arguments are usually ridiculous. 

No.  They hate us with a passion and blame us for all their problems and bad choices they've made in life.  To compound their stupidity, none of them realize that it's liberals in blue states who are paying to feed, clothe and house their worthless, unemployable carcasses.  Without the $billions in money blue states send red states every year, these low-information parasites would sink even further into the fourth world.

I don't know most Republicans and I am not a Republican. I think they tend to mix what liberal means with what Leftist means. I don't think it is helpful when they do that. There is a clear difference between the two. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlIjMJBSnRE

Youtube thumbnail

• Rick

that's why I didn't like to discuss politics at the shop .........

Most?   No.   Most people do not base their entire like or dislike of a person based on their politics.   

Many people do not even discuss politics with others.   For example, I work with a lot of people I like just fine and I have no clue what their political preferences are.